Has fitting-in 15 minutes of activity a day become a habit? Congratulations! Ready for other simple ways to give your day a fitness boost? Try some of these ideas.
- Walk to the next bus stop or subway station entrance instead of using the closest one.
- Walk up or down the stairs at work instead of taking the elevator.
- Walk to the “corner” store instead of taking the car.
- Park your car in the spot that’s furthest away from the store entrance.
- Take a five-minute stretch break mid-morning and mid-afternoon.
- Take a walk around the block after lunch.
- Add five minutes to your current Fit-in 15 routine. Then add five more.
- Dust-off the soccer ball or baseball bat. Go to the park for half an hour and hit it around.
- Oil up the bike and take a ride.
- Use heavier weights to get more out of your strengthening exercises.
- Up the level of difficulty on your strength exercises. Click here for new ones to try.
The Public Health Agency of Canada recommends working up to 30 minutes of physical activity each day. For more ideas on how to build physical activity into your day, visit Canada’s Physical Activity Guide website at www.publichealth.gc.ca/paguide.
back to top